Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No good deed goes unnoticed

Invisible Children is a group that I've  known about for several years.  I first became exposed to the video when I was in college, and I've managed to turn a few of my friends on to it over the years.  It's a cause that I really believe in, and I wish more people were aware of it.

Sadly, Nate Henn, a "roadie" for the program, was tragically killed while working in Uganda.  He was my age...which really hits home.

"Last night at the Do Something Awards I wore a personally designed “I HEART NATE HENN” Shirt to show my love and respect for Nate, who was tragically killed in a terrorist attack in Uganda. Nate was a great dude who worked for Invisible Children and it’s horrible that a random act of violence took away such a bright and awesome guy. If you’d like to do something, please honor Nate and donate to his memorial fund at www.NateHenn.com"
via Pete Wentz's blog www.petewentz.com



If you get a chance, please head over to either invisiblechildren.com or natehenn.com to learn more and get involved in any way that you can. 



No comments:

Post a Comment